Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Prep Day

February 5-
Today was prep day, probably my least favorite part of the process.  I love the design process, choosing a pre-existing pattern or designing my own.  I love choosing the fabric, the sewing process and finishing the project and that sense of accomplishment for another project finished.  Because the prep process is my least favorite, I tend to spend a whole day doing nothing but prepping so that I can spend several days doing the parts I love. 

So what does prep day entail.  I gather my fabrics and the patterns for the upcoming projects and then I set forth project by project cutting fabric and arranging all needed materials in my project bags ( a extra large zip loc). One by One I work thru the pile.  Today my goal was to cut out 10 nursing coverups, 10 aprons, 2 quilts and stretching 4 height charts. 



 
At the end of the day, I accomplished what I set out to do.  The original pile is all cut and placed in the project bags and I am ready to start the fun parts of assembling the product. 
 
 
 This is a free style floral table topper quilt that could also be used as a baby quilt. 

 These are quilts that have a yard stick pree printed so a childs height can be saved on this special quilt. 
 
These are  aprons
 
These are the nursing cover up.  These will probably require a little more work to finish them.  I made them two sided.  One side has a design and the other side is plain and I may decide to add a machine applique to dress them up some.  To be determined at a later date. 
The left over material is stacked up and ready to be restocked into the cupboards for future use. 
 
 

Day is done, gone the sun, all is well, safely rest. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment