Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

 Best laid plans of mice and men.  I use this saying all the time.  Basically it means that all the plans in the world are great but most of the time they do not come thru.  So began today.  I had planned to be up early to get a early start with my chores, getting my motherin law taken care of and settled down so I could begin the work of finishing the blue floral quilt from yesterday.  I needed to iron on the flowers and then proceed to getting them appliqued on the quilt.  Unfortunately I am under the gun on this quilt and I promised it would be finished no later than Thursday.  Any way even with the late start I was able to accomplish the task.  Yeah, Praise God! Here are a couple of pictures of the process and the end result.  These first two pictures are me free motion quilting the appliqued flowers. 



 
 
 
 
 
Here is a close up of the flowers.  Each flower and leaf are free motion quilted to highlite the leaf or flower.   I don't know if you can see the detailbut eache leaf and flower is not simply appliques but detailed out to enhance the look. 
 
 
 
 
The last picture is the finished quilt.top.  Job accomplished.  Thank you Jesus!
 
 
 
Well my two faithful companion are asleep beside me on the bed and I can hardle keep my eyes open, so I bid you farewell for the night.  Catch you on the flip side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment