Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Feburay 7

I am so fortunate that my work place is my converted 3 car garage. Originally the garage was taken over just for a small quilting group that meets at my house. We make prayer quilts for our church. We originaly worked in the dinning room but the group grew to the point we needed more space and my husband graciously turned our 3 car garage into a room for us. Soon afer, that I quit my job and came home originally to take care of my mother in law but now not only do I take care of her, I use the garage as my work space for by small artisan business.  Her are smome pictures of the workspace.  It is actually quite nice and will be awesome when it is finished.   





This picture is of the cutting table and my mid arm quilt table





Well my goal today was to make a huge dent in the sweatshirt quilt.  Dispite having problems with my normal machine ( I went from the expensive one to the cheap one and it worked) I was able to accomplish much.  If all goes well I will finish it this weekend.  Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!  If I ever do one of these quilts again, I will definately do it differently.  Unlike the normal t-shirt quilt which is fairly easy, this sweatshirrt quilt has been a pain.  I had to cut up the t- shirts and applique them to the sweatshirts.  Ugg.  But alas I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  My hop is that the guy that this is for really likes it.  Any way below are some pictures of the progress.  when I get it finished I will take a picture of the finished project. 
 
 



These are the finished shirts.  they are laid out in the layout that the customer wants



Here is another angle of the shirs that are finished and in their proper row and in their proper place.






These last two photos ar the nest row ready and prep











This last picture is the old sewing machine that worked better than my real expensive one.  As you can see I am also messy when I am working in the middle of a project.   I am thankful for the work, but I will honestly say I will be glad when this one is done. 
 
 
 
 
This is a quilt that is on the design wall.  I am working on it .  The person it is for loves birs and birdhouses, flowers and such.  I am trying to incorporate all the different things she is into into this quilt.  I will show you the progress as I go. 
 
 
Well for now, I am going to sign out.   Good night America!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment