Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Finished Projects

Wow what a weekend!  Set up shop at the Farmers Market on Saturday.  It was so cold, I thought every part of me was frozen and would fall off.   It ended up being wasted time for almost all the vendors due to the frigid weather at least by San Diego standards.  We San Diegans are wimps when it comes to cold.  We really are spoilt but that is why we pay the high rent.  After I finally got home and cuddled up next to the fireplace to unfreeze then I crashed for the rest of the after noon.  Hard day!   Then Sunday was spent at church and then finishing up projects, fixing a Sunday afternoon dinner and then catching up on all the loose ends. 

I had a project for the Opportunity quilt for the group I belong to.  They are making a crazy quilt and I was handed a bag full of material with some foundation cotton.  /for those who don;t know what a crazy quilt is it is basically squares made up of random fabrics in a random pattern.  Foundation piecing uses a cotton usually a muslin at a backing material that the front fabrics are sewn on.  Any way it is kind of fun.  You get to break out of the norm and let your imagination roam free.  Here are some pictures of the squares I finished. 
Anyway it was a fun project.  I also thought that I would include some other recent projects that I finished recentlt.  The pink Quilt with the dresses is for the prayer quilt ministry that I run.  As you can see the back is a fun design also.  I toook left overs from a couple of other quilts and used them up on this quilt.   The other quilt the one with the wolves was for a friend who wanted a prayer quilt for a mutual friend who had to move away and is having a rough time of it. 


 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Any way this is it for the day.  Signing off untill tomorrow.  

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me I still have to do the 2 squares I have for the crazy quilt. Nice, Deb!

    ReplyDelete