Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

Hello friends,

Busy, busy,busy and there are never seems to be enough hours in the day.  I have been working fevorishly to get my friends prayer quilt done and I finally finished it today and handed it off to my favorite hand worker, my mom.  What a treasure, I do not know where I would be if I had to do all the hand work also. Anyway I put it on my mid arm  and quilted a butterfly pattern on it.  It turned out beautiful.  I am well pleased and I know my friend will love it also.  I will post a picture in a day or so when the hand work is done. 

In the meantime, in my spare time I am attending an impromptu embroidery machine class.  Some of the experienced ladies of our quilt club have offered to teach us nubies.  Maybe now I will be able to really use the machine I bought.  I have barely used it due to time and fear but now, no excuses.  Here are a couple of pictures of  the group and the projects we were working on. 



 
 
 
 
+
 
 
 
 
Tons of fun and I am learning so much.  Much more that I learned at the shop where I bought it.  Not to say they didn't do a good job.  It is just that there is so much to learn and it is better to be working on a project and when the problems occur as they will, someone is there to help walk you thru it.  Yeah.  These ladies are awesome for taking the time to teach us rookies. 
 
I have  also been finishing other projects.  I had left overs from my friends prayer quilt so I took the extras and made 3 projects.  Here are two of them, the other is not quite finished. 
 
 
This one is large enough for a table topper, so I am going to quilt it probably with some flowers or ?  I really like this one is is bright and cheerful.  All the different florals make me feel like I am looking at a beautiful garden and it is all framed in by a brite pink Batik. 

 
This one is much smaller.  I think I am going to do some custom quilting and maybe some beadwork to make it a wall hanging. or a table center piece.  I am excited to do some custom work.  It will be my first. one.  Yeah.
 
Well tomorrow is a full day.  Meeting with my prayer quilt board, a friend over to help her with her backing for her quilt, another meeting in the afternoon for my womens ministry retreat planning and then home to hopefully get some work done and then back to church for mid week service.  Full day.  Friday is pretty much the same.  I have two orders I have to have finished by Saturday and I have prep work for a class I am taking on Saturday and then another leadership meeting in the evening for our church.  Hopfully dinner out with my honey.  The work is never done but I am not complaining though.  I would love to be busier and making some actual money. I long to be able to make money doing what I love most.  It would be a dream come true.      
 
Well it is late as usual and I am ready to go to bed.  So I will be signing off for tonight.  See you on the flip side. 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. The embroidery looks great-anxious to join the class the next time!

    ReplyDelete