Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2013

Prayer Quilts

Hello all,
I love living in sunny San Diego.  Where else in March can you wear shorts and enjoy 80 degree weather.  It was so nice, I was able to get outside and begin the ever waiting Spring clean up. Nice to be able to get out and enjoy the great outdoors and soak up some rays. I didn't get to stay out as much as I had hoped because I wanted to work on my friends prayer quilt.  The other day I promised you some pictures for the prayer quilt ministry.  So here goes.




This is the picture I saw on the insternet and I was unableto find a pattern.  Because I liked it I began the process of comming up with actualy demensions.  Yeah, love this part!  Anyway, away I went and began cutting out and sewing the parts together.


 
As you can see I am beginning to put together the parts.  I pin the parts together and then I can sew them all. 
 
 
 
Here is the finished square.  Not totally perfect, yet I am happy.  Tomorrow I will be putting the rest of the squares together.  I will be using sashing so I will need to cut that to to the final assembly.  My goal is to finish the top tomorrow so that i can put it on the mid arm for quilting.  I may opt to put some scripture on the sashing as a extra.  Will have to see tomorrow. 
Also thethe next two quilts are also prayer quilts in process. 
 
 
This one is the bear claw patttern and it is made op of golfing material for the large squares and varies other colors for the 1/2 square triangles.  The following one is a totally scrap quilt with a color scheme.  We used the spider web pattern for this.  Makes a great looking scrap quilt. 
 
 

 
Tommorrow I have much planned.  Like I said I hope to have the top finished that is my goal.  Next we have a new girl joining the group tomorrow. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! more help.  So I have to lay out a pattern for her and for a couple of other girls who are finishing up.  In addition I am hoping to finish a couple of projects for my own business.  Whew,  hopefully I have not bit off mor than I can chew. God is good and whether I finish what I want or not, it will be enough. 
 
Friday I get to go on our quilt run.  I am looking forward to it.  I am hoping to start collections for the other two sections for my Dear Jane quilt. 
 
Anyway as usual it is late and I need to rest, so I will sign off and say I will see  you on the flip side.   




 

 

1 comment:

  1. Got you a couple of books from Martingale. was able to get the "Out of the Box" book that I needed for the class this summer. Basket looks good. Glad Summer is coming Tuesday. Miss you guys! I found some 1/8ths for Dear Jane at a new quilt shop I found.

    ReplyDelete