Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fun Project

Hello all,
Today all day I prepped for our Back Country Quilters meeting.  We had an assignment from last meeting to do a postcard exchange and as usual I waited to the last minute to do it( I work best when I have no time).  This morning I got up and prepped for the two cards I was going to do.  They had given us a fat quarter with birds and roses on them and I had to figure out how I was going to use the fabric.  I also love under water scenes so I created a underwater one with a sea turtle, seaweed and coral.  It is quite the process and many of the steps must be followed in order for it all to work.  My friend did a great tutorial but as usual I just glanced at it, not paying attention to detail.  On one of them I jumped a little ahead of the tutorial not realizing it but I soon learned how important sequence can be.  I, with the stealth of a master pro(ha ha) recovered the project and made it work.  He are some pictures of the project. 



 
These are the templates for the underwater scene.
 
 

 


 

 
 
 
All in all I am happy with how they turned out.  Too Cute.  I also finished up my friends quilt and the tops for two table toppers.  Been also working on 11 aprons that I will be sharing later.  Busy /busy. I love it. 
 
 

 
 
Well the meeting for the Back Country Quilters overall went well.  The girls seem to be enjoying the new meetings order.  I am happy.  We are working hard to build it back again and get people excited to come and enjoy 
 
Tomorrow is errand day and embroidery class day. 
 
Well this is it for tonight. 
 
Signing off, see you on the flip side.  . 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment